Thursday, July 5, 2012

Day 2 of 30

Day 2: Describe 3 legitimate fears you have and explain how they became fears.

From my 30 Day Blog Challenge

1) I am terrified of spiders. Even little ones that don't seem harmless to most people, are vicious giant man eating creatures to me. I instantly become a ninja if I walk through a spider web for fear of a spider being on me. Ever hear that saying about swallowing an average of 8 spiders a year in your sleep? I was so mortified by that statement that I have seriously considered taping my mouth shut at night and some nights I'll fall asleep with my hand over my mouth (like that will prevent the spiders from crawling in.)

I used to always bug spray my room once a week too. I had a giant bottle of bug killer and would spray it in all the corners of my room, behind my bed, etc. It probably didn't do much, but it made me feel better. Although when I think about it now, the fumes probably have done more damage to me than the spiders. I am also terrified of killing spiders because they move so damn fast that right as you're about to smush them they catapult onto your hand or even worse, drop onto the floor and disappear! If I manage to squish one, I don't like putting the paper towel and squished bug into the trash can because I fear it will reincarnate and come back to get me. I also don't like flushing it because I can't sit on the toilet without wondering if it's going to crawl back out. Wow, I just re-read that last statement and I have some serious issues.

Where did my fear of spiders come from? I have no idea. There is no legitimate excuse for me hating spiders. I was never ambushed by a swarm of them as a kid or bitten or anything, they just creep me out with their super fast furry little legs and eyes *shudders*

(I was going to post a picture of a spider because I like posting pictures with my blogs, but I don't want to google image them, sorry!)

2) I love scary movies, but since I live alone now, I have a hard time watching them because I get so scared and paranoid. My second biggest fear is of creepy dead girls with long black hair, like from The Ring, or The Grudge, or Gothika, etc. Even an episode of Supernatural had one in it and freaked the hell out of me.

This fear comes from watching The Ring, which to date is probably the scariest movie I have ever seen. For whatever reason, that entire movie creeped the hell out of me and ever since I have been terrified of dead girls with long black hair. I have nightmares about them and will lie in bed at night after watching a scary movie and imagine one of them walking towards me in that scary as crap way that she does in The Ring. I have to start thinking about puppies and kittens and rainbows to make it go away.

3) Another fear of mine is of large crowds in tight spaces, like at a concert or an event like Black Friday. I don't freak out and start hyperventilating or anything, but after being surrounded by so many people in such a small space I get a little uncomfortable and grumpy and will pretty much find an excuse to leave. I'm sure this fear has to do with my own personal insecurities.

No comments:

Post a Comment