Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Day 1 of 30

Day 1: List 10 random facts about yourself

From my 30 Day Blog Challenge

1) I'm a pet lover and super strong advocate for adopting animals from shelters and preventing animal abuse. I love animals so much that I have been told by my family I could potentially be on an episode of Animal Hoarders in my future. Sadly, I can see this happening too so I try to limit myself to 2-3 pets MAX! I do not want to be the crazy cat lady!


2) I nap like an old person. If I don't get a nap in once a day I become incredibly cranky. Around 4pm I come home from work and sleep on my couch for about 45mins to an hour. It's the best time of my day and I wake up from it super refreshed.

3) I laugh A LOT! I seem to find every stupid little thing funny and tend to resort to giggling when I'm in an uncomfortable situation to break the ice. I also have a nervous chuckle I'll do around pretty much every stranger I meet.


4) I love to compliment people, especially random strangers for something, whether it be their hair, their nails, their clothes, dog, whatever. I love the feeling I get when a stranger compliments me on something and I want other people to feel that way too. It's the best feeling when said stranger looks gloomy and then perks up right after you compliment them like you just made their day a little bit better. I have also found that some people are so desperate for conversation that they will sit there for 20 mins discussing it with you because they have nobody else. While this can be annoying if I'm trying to leave the grocery line, etc, it still makes me smile afterwards.

5) I hate the feel of my feet after they've been confined in a pair of shoes or socks all day and therefore must rinse my feet off before going to bed. I walk around barefoot all the time, so even if I shower and walked around on the carpet for 30 mins, I need to rinse them again right before hopping into bed. Weird, I know.

6) I'm a total penny pincher and have been told by my boyfriend that if I had a motto, it would be "Do I really need that?" I am that annoying person that will go shopping with you and talk you out of buying everything that isn't an absolute necessity if you ask me if you should get it. While this has its benefits, it's also really annoying so I have tried to be better about it by allowing myself and others to splurge every once in awhile.

7) I am double jointed in my elbows and although I don't have the body of one anymore, I used to be an awesome gymnast when I was younger. My world was a blur of splits and cart wheels and back handsprings 20 hours a week.


8) I am 50% Finnish, and 50% Libyan. Needless to say, my childhood was weird.

9) The songs I listen to are a direct correlation to the mood I'm currently in. I love music and will listen to everything from super speedy fun driving techno music to sappy girly love songs and back to head banging angsty screaming metal.


10) I'm a neat freak and don't like living in a messy environment, but I also loathe cleaning. This leads to a lot of conflict in my everyday life and also means my place is clean, 50% of the time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment