Thursday, November 3, 2011

Day 3

Today I am thankful for the kindness of strangers.

My brother's friend got his car stuck in the grass while trying to reverse down our very steep driveway in the snow. I had to get to work this morning, so I went out to start shoveling some of the snow away in an attempt to get him out so I could leave. While I'm doing this, a man drives by that I have never met and asks me if I need any help. I didn't have the keys to the car to move it so I declined but thanked him about 100 times for offering.

Last winter I also got my car stuck (my lil coupe doesn't do too hot in the snow) and a complete stranger hooked my car up via a towing cable and pulled me out of the snowy ditch I was in.



It amazes me how someone you don't even know, who probably has to be somewhere as well and has their own things to do, will stop to offer you some help if they see you stranded. They are geniunely kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment