Thursday, November 10, 2011

Day 10

Today I am thankful for social networking sites and programs like skype. As a generally anti social individual, they have allowed me to keep in touch with people whom I'd usually never get a chance to talk to. I've made tons of great friends by turning casual acquantainces on facebook into chat buddies.

I've also been fortunate enough to talk to my own family who lives halfway across the world because of facebook. I grew up not knowing what my cousins in Finland ever did, and now I can chat with them every day and get constant feeds on what is going on in their lives. I also am able to get to know my boyfriends mom and family, who also live overseas, where as a few years ago, I'd never have that opportunity.

Technology today is absolutely amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment