Sunday, June 26, 2011

Business and Social Networking

I have stumbled upon the crazy world of business social networking. I used to think social networking was for well, being social with friends, but have discovered that there's a huge business aspect behind it that I am just now peeking into.

After doing some research on internet marketing for the business, I have read numerous posts that we should be using the same social networking sites that we use for personal use, for business. This includes facebook, twitter, myspace, linkedin, and blogs. I can barely keep up my own blog, and now I have to figure out how to manage one for a business? I think I'm in big trouble.

We started a facebook, twitter, and myspace for the business awhile back and have a decent sized fan base, but it's no where near what I'd love it to be. As a merchant facebook account, you can't actually interact with personal facebook profiles outside of your business page, so you have to do it via other methods. I read I should use my personal account to drive fans to the business page, and that I should also post links on blogs, emails, etc about the facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Angelique-Lingerie/245457115307 (Insert shameless attempt at getting more facebook fans)

So far what I've read about it though is I basically get to sit and chat with people and network with others online in order to grow our pages. It's a crazy world but it's a really cheap (mostly free) way of advertising, so I can't knock it. Plus, I do get some sick satisfaction from being able to chat on facebook while I'm at work! :)

2 comments:

  1. It is really important what you are saying about the social networking/marketing benefits so I went to check out your "other Facebook page and checked out the link you had to your blog there, this is the message I got:

    Reported Attack Page!

    This web page at www.angeliqueblog.com has been reported as an attack page and has been blocked based on your security preferences.

    Attack pages try to install programs that steal private information, use your computer to attack others, or damage your system.Some attack pages intentionally distribute harmful software, but many are compromised without the knowledge or permission of their owners.

    You really should check this out because this is BAD marketing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I'll have to look into the security on the site. The lady who set it up for us mentioned a hacking attempt about a week ago but she said it was all clear now.

    Thanks for letting me know!

    ReplyDelete