Saturday, October 2, 2010

Let Me In

Tonight I went out with a friend to see the movie "Let Me In." We had planned to see this after watching the original Swedish version "Let the Right One In" several months before hand. I really enjoyed the original, although I thought it was a little slow and dragged on quite a bit without anything interesting happening, but I liked the story and the ideas of love and evil thrown into it.

When I heard they were remaking it as an english version, I definitely wanted to see it, but thought that it would turn out like most movie remakes and be sub par to the original. Needless to say, I was pleasantly surprised.

Chloe Moretz does a fantastic job as the vampire and in my opinion was cast perfectly for it. She is an amazing little actress and I definitely hope she'll do many more movies (she basically made the entire movie of Kick-Ass watchable) and Kodi Smit-McPhee played the scrawny shy character of Owen very well. It was pretty impressive to see such two young actors play such intense roles better than most adults would have.

The story is pretty original and is very enjoyable but frightening to watch. The remake isn't as slow as the original which I was thankful for (and I didn't have to read subtitles-hooray!) The infamous pool scene is also just as bad ass as its swedish counterpart too. Overall, they did a really good job remaking this and I definitely recommend seeing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment